A wild MAME 0.215 appears! Yes, another month has gone by, and it’s time to check out what’s new. On the arcade side, Taito’s incredibly rare 4-screen top-down racer Super Dead Heat is now playable! Joining its ranks are other rarities, such as the European release of Capcom‘s 19XX: The War Against Destiny, and a bootleg of Jaleco’s P-47 – The Freedom Fighter using a different sound system. We’ve got three newly supported Game & Watch titles: Lion, Manhole, and Spitball Sparky, as well as the crystal screen version of Super Mario Bros. Two new JAKKS Pacific TV games, Capcom 3-in-1 and Disney Princesses, have also been added.
Other improvements include several more protection microcontrollers dumped and emulated, the NCR Decision Mate V working (now including hard disk controllers), graphics fixes for the 68k-based SNK and Alpha Denshi games, and some graphical updates to the Super A'Can driver.
We’ve updated bgfx, adding preliminary Vulkan support. There are some issues we’re aware of, so if you run into issues, check our GitHub issues
page to see if it’s already known, and report it if it isn’t. We’ve also improved support for building and running on Linux systems without X11.
You can read about everything that’s been updated in the whatsnew.txt file
, or get the source and Windows binary packages from the download page
.MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
New working machines
- 04531: [Sound] (segas32.cpp) f1en: Engine noise loops/resets. (Tafoid)
- 07025: [Graphics] (model1.cpp) vr: Graphical glitches. (O. Galibert)
- 07026: [Gameplay] (model1.cpp) vr: Gameplay calculation and physics issues. (O. Galibert)
- 07372: [Crash/Freeze] X11 Lightgun input module crashes if X11 display is not available. (George McMullen)
- 07437: [Gameplay] (x68k.cpp) x68000 [nemesis]: Background tiles appear in foreground in Nemesis 90 Kai. (Carl)
- 07438: [Graphics] (m72.cpp) imgfightj, mrheli, nspiritj: “For use in Japan” messages are not displayed correctly. (Angelo Salese)
- 07442: [DIP/Input] (gaelco.cpp) biomtoy, biomtoya, biomtoyb, biomtoyc, bioplayc: Lives DIP switch mis-labelled. (girosintornillos)
- 07444: [DIP/Input] (seta.cpp) blandia, blandiap: Lives DIP switch mis-labelled. (girosintornillos)
- 07445: [DIP/Input] (model2.cpp) sgt24h, overrevb: Accelerator and brake pedals are reversed. (VasiliyFamiliya)
- 07447: [Graphics] (cninja.cpp) cninja and clones: Incorrect graphical priorities between level 4 bosses. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 07448: [Gameplay] (taito_z.cpp) sci, scia, scij, scin, sciu: Shifting gears activates turbo. (girosintornillos)
- 07452: [Crash/Freeze] (eprom.cpp) eprom, eprom2: The control test will not load. (AJR)
- 07454: [Plugins] (dooyong.cpp) flytiger: Use of high score plugin causes incorrect attract mode behaviour. (Carl)
- 07456: [Crash/Freeze] (segas16b.cpp) eswat: Emulator crashes with segmentation fault. (smf)
- 07457: [DIP/Input] (m107.cpp) dsoccr94: Coin 3 and coin 4 inputs are mapped incorrectly. (MetalGod)
- 07463: [DIP/Input] (mystwarr.cpp) metamrph and clones, viostorm and clones: Coin 3 and 4 inputs are not connected. (Zach S.)
- 07465: [Crash/Freeze] (interpro.cpp) ip2000: Emulator crashes if mouse is moved during startup. (Patrick Mackinlay)
- 07469: [Graphics] (vboy.cpp) vboy: Sprite elements are cut off on the right. (Robbbert)
New working clones
- Capcom 3-in-1 (1942, Commando, Ghosts'n Goblins) (JAKKS Pacific TV Game, Game-Key Ready) (29 MAR 2005 B) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, anonymous]
- China H Computer Company H-01B [zzemu]
- Disney Princesses (JAKKS Pacific TV Game, Game-Key Ready) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, anonymous]
- Game & Watch: Lion [algestam, Mr. Do, Sean Riddle]
- Game & Watch: Manhole (gold) [algestam, Mr. Do, Sean Riddle]
- Game & Watch: Spitball Sparky [algestam, Mr Jiggles the Christmas Man]
- Motorola MEK6800D1 [68bit]
- Motorola Micro Chroma 68 [68bit]
- Super Dead Heat [Phil Bennett, David Haywood]
Machines promoted to working
- 19XX: The War Against Destiny (Euro 960104) [redsupra, smf]
- Beastorizer (USA, Jun 21 1997) [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
- Bomberman (Version 6.6) [caius, The Dumping Union]
- Buggy Boy/Speed Buggy (cockpit, rev. B) [pacman70, Asayuki]
- Dragon Breed (Japan, M72 PCB version) [Jorge Silva]
- Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. (crystal screen) [algestam, Mr Jiggles the Christmas Man]
- Hard Head (bootleg, set 3) [jordigahan, Heckler, ClawGrip]
- Hegener + Glaser Mephisto MM V (prototype) [CB-Emu]
- Megatouch III Turnier Edition (9255-30-50 R0F, Bi-Lingual GER/ENG version) [Kevin Eshbach, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
- P-47 - The Freedom Fighter (World, bootleg) [jordigahan, Heckler, ClawGrip]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
- Fidelity Electronics Phantom Chess Challenger [Sandro Ronco]
- NCR Decision Mate V [Sandro Ronco, rfka01]
- Pacific Educational Systems VPU-01 Speech box [Robbbert]
- Radio Shack TRS-80 DT-1 [Robbbert]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
- Advance Bright Ltd Ping Pong / Table Tennis / Super Ping Pong (PP1100, ABL TV Game) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- Conny TV Virtual Tennis [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- El Dorado [TeamEurope]
- The Flintstones (LX-3) [PinMAME]
- Care Bears TV Games (JAKKS Pacific TV Game, Game-Key Ready) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, anonymous]
- Kursaal Darts [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
- Litek Information Systems LMS46-V9 [Don Maslin Archive, AJR]
- Research Inc. Teleray Model 10 [Bitsavers]
- Rollamatic 5-Line Special (Barcrest) (MPU3) [Darran, The Dumping Union]
- TaiKee Rockstar Guitar / Guitar Rock (PAL) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- Terrific Lake [PinMAME]
- Top Sound (French) [PinMAME]
- Play Vision Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (Play Vision, Plug and Play, UK) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- Vortex (Island Design) [unknown]
New working software list additions
- 386 motherboards using a OPTi 82C495SLC chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the ALi M1419 chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the CS8230 chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the MX83C305(A)(FC)/MX83C05(A)(FC) chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the OPTi 82C381 chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the OPTi 82C391 chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the SiS Rabbit chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the UMC UM82C481AF chipset [rfka01]
- 386 motherboards using the UMC UM82C491F + UM82C493F chipset or BIOTEQ equivalents [rfka01]
- 386 motherboard using the UMC UM82C491F chipset [rfka01]
- 386sx motherboards using the ALi M1217 chipset [rfka01]
- 386sx motherboards using the OPTi 82C283 chipset [rfka01]
- 386sx motherboards using the OPTi 82C291 chipset [rfka01]
- 386sx motherboards using the SCAMPSX chipset [rfka01]
- 486 motherboards using the ALi 1487/1489 chipset [rfka01]
- 486 motherboards using the OPTi OPTi 82C392, 82C493 chipset [rfka01]
- 486 motherboards using the SiS 85C471/85C407 chipset [rfka01]
- 486 motherboards using the UMC UM8498F, UM8496F chipset [rfka01]
- 486 motherboards using the UMC UM8886/UM8881 chipset [rfka01]
- Abit AB-PB4 [rfka01]
- Abit AB-PW4 [rfka01]
- Alaris Cougar [rfka01]
- Alaris RYC LEOPARD LX [rfka01]
- Alaris Tornado 2 [rfka01]
- AMI Mark V Baby Screamer [rfka01]
- ANIX CH-386S-16/20/25G [rfka01]
- Aquarius System (ASI) MB-4D33/50NR [rfka01]
- Asus ISA-486SV2 [rfka01]
- AUVA TAM/25-P2 M31720P [rfka01]
- Bank Robbery (Ver. 1.23) [Siftware]
- Biostar MB-1340UCQ-B [rfka01]
- Chaintech 333SC [rfka01]
- Chaintech 486SLE M106 4SLE-Z1 [rfka01]
- Chaintech ELT-286B-160B(E) [rfka01]
- Chicony CH-491E [rfka01]
- Daewoo AL486V-D Rev:1.1 [rfka01]
- Derby Owners Club World Edition (Rev A) [Fluffy]
- Diamond Flower, Inc. (DFI) 486-CCV [rfka01]
- DTK Computer PPM-3333P [rfka01]
- DTK PKM-0038S aka Gemlight GMB-486SG [rfka01]
- Elitegroup Computer Systems FX-3000 REV1.0 [rfka01]
- Elitegroup ELT-386SX-160BE [rfka01]
- Elitegroup UC4913 REV:1.1 [rfka01]
- Elitegroup UC4915 A AIO [rfka01]
- Elitegroup UM486/UM486sx [rfka01]
- Elitegroup UM486V-AIO [rfka01]
- First International Computer 4386-VC-HD [rfka01]
- First International Computer 4386-VC-V [rfka01]
- First International Computer 486-GIO-VT2 [rfka01]
- Fujitsu FM-Towns (Model 1 / 2) [r09]
- GENOA TurboExpress 486 VL [rfka01]
- GES 9051N-386C VER -0.01 [rfka01]
- Gigabyte GA-486VF [rfka01]
- Gigabyte GA-486VS [rfka01]
- LuckyStar LS-486E Rev:C [rfka01]
- Micro-Express Inc. Forex 386 Cache [rfka01]
- MORSE KP 386SX V2.21 [rfka01]
- MSI MS-4125 [rfka01]
- MSI MS-4138 [rfka01]
- MSI MS-4144 [rfka01]
- Octek Hawk [rfka01]
- Octek Hippo COM [rfka01]
- Octek Hippo DCA2 [rfka01]
- Octek Hippo VL+ [rfka01]
- Octek Panther II [rfka01]
- Olivetti M21 [rfka01]
- OPTi OPTi 386WB VER.1.0 [rfka01]
- PC-Chips M216 [rfka01]
- PC-Chips M396F [rfka01]
- PC-Chips M912 [rfka01]
- PC-Chips M915i [rfka01]
- Peacock 386sx Ver. 2.0 motherboard SCsxAIO [rfka01]
- Peacock PCK 486 DX [rfka01]
- Philips PCD204 (PCD200 series) [rfka01]
- Pine PT-319A [rfka01]
- Pine Technology PT-430 [rfka01]
- Pine Technology PT-432b aka SR-M401-A [rfka01]
- PROTECH PM486PU-S7 [rfka01]
- QDI PX486P3 [rfka01]
- QDI V4P895P3/SMT V5.0 [rfka01]
- QD-U386DX VER 1.0 [rfka01]
- Sanyo MBC-18NB [rfka01]
- See-Thru Sto486Wb aka AUVA Cam-33-P2 [rfka01]
- Shuttle 386SX REV 2.0A [rfka01]
- Shuttle Computer International HOT-433 [rfka01]
- TD60C [rfka01]
- TD70A and TD70AN [rfka01]
- TD70N [rfka01]
- Termtek TK-635 [nextvolume, Dirk Best]
- UNICHIP 386W 367C REV 1.0 [rfka01]
- UNICHIP 486 WB 4407 REV 1.0 [rfka01]
- unknown 286 AT clones (HT18/C chipset) [rfka01]
- Via 4386 VIO / Highscreen universal board [rfka01]
- Vintage Sprite SM 486-50USC [rfka01]
- Vs. Super Mario Bros. (bootleg with Z80, set 3) [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
- ZIDA Tomato board 4DPS [rfka01]
Software list items promoted to working
- apple2_flop_clcracked: Balancing Act (cleanly cracked), Fractions: Basic Skills (cleanly cracked), Fractions: Subtraction (cleanly cracked), The Haunted Palace (cleanly cracked), Statistics (Version 3.3) (cleanly cracked), Whole Numbers: Multiplication (cleanly cracked), The World's Greatest Baseball Game (Enhanced Version) (cleanly cracked) [4am, Firehawke]
- apple2_flop_orig: Alibi, American Government (Micro Learningware), Apple Stellar Invaders, Battlefront, Beach Landing, Carriers at War, The Coveted Mirror, Crime Stopper, Decisive Battles of the American Civil War: Volume Three, Decisive Battles of the American Civil War: Volume Two, Decisive Battles of the Civil War: Volume One, Dogfight II, Europe Ablaze, Galactic Wars, Gauntlet, Ghostbusters, Go (Hayden), Guderian, Halls of Montezuma, The Haunted Palace, I, Damiano, Leisure Suit Larry in The Land of The Lounge Lizards, The Mask of the Sun (Version 2.1), MacArthur's War, Muppet Learning Keys: The Muppet Discovery Disk, Oil Rig, Panzer Battles, Pulsar ][, Questprobe featuring Spider-Man, Reach For The Stars (Version 1.0), Reach For The Stars (Version 2.0), Reach For The Stars (Version 3.0), Reversal, Russia, Sherlock Holmes in Another Bow, Simultaneous Linear Equations, Space Kadet, Tapper, Ulysses and the Golden Fleece, Vaults of Zurich, Winter Games [4am, Firehawke]
- fmtowns_cd: CG Syndicate Vol. 1 - Lisa Northpoint, CubicSketch V1.1 L10, New Horizon CD Learning System II - English Course 1, Shanghai, Space Museum, TownsSOUND V1.1 L20, Z's Triphony DigitalCraft Towns [redump.org, r09]
- hp9825b_rom: 9885/9895 ROM for 9825, 9885 ROM for 9825, Matrix ROM for 9825, SSS mass storage ROM [F.Ulivi]
- ibm5150: Action Service (Smash16 release) (3.5"), International Karate, Italy '90 Soccer, Joe Blade (Smash16 release), Out Run (Kixx release), Starflight [ArcadeShadow]
- ibm5170: Corridor 7: Alien Invasion, Links - The Challenge of Golf (5.25"HD) [ArcadeShadow]
- midi_flop: Dansbandshits nr 3 (Sweden) [FakeShemp]
- vz_snap: Ace of Aces, Adventure, Airstrip, Arkaball v1, Arkaball v2, Arrgh, Assembly Language for Beginners, Asteroids, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Backgammon, Backgammon Instructions, Battleships v1, Battleships v2, Bezerk, Binary Tape Copier v1.0, Bomber, Breakproof File Copier, Bust Out, Camel, Card Andy, Casino Roulette v1, Casino Roulette v2, Catch, Challenger, Chasm Capers, Check Disk, Checkers, Chess, Circus, Compgammon, Computer Learjet, Concentration, Cos Res, Craps, Crash, Curses, Dawn Patrol, Decoy v1, Decoy v2, Defence Penetrator, Dig Out, Disassembler v2, Disassemmbler v1, Disk Copier, Disk Copy V2.0, Disk Editor-Assembler V6.0X, Disk Menu, Disk Ops 4, Disk Sector Editor v1, Disk Sector Editor v2, Dog Fight, Dracula's Castle, The Dynasty Derby, Editor-Assembler V.1.2, Editor-Assembler V.1.2B, Electric Tunnel, Electronic Blackjack, Extended DOS V1.3, Extended VZ Basic V2.5, Factory, Fastdisk V1.0, Fastdisk V1.1, Fastdisk V1.2, Fastdisk V1.2 demo, Filesearch 2.0, Filesearch V2.0, Formula One v1, Formula One v2, Formula Uno, Frog, Galactic Invasion, Galactic Raiders, Galactic Trade, Galaxon, Game Instructions, Ghost Blasters, Ghost Hunter (hacked), Ghost Hunter instructions, Ghost Hunter v1, Ghost Hunter v2, Golf, Grand Prix, Grave Digger, Gunfight, Hamburger Sam, Hangman v1, Hangman v3, Hangman v4, Hex Maths, Hex Utilities, The High Mountains, High Scores, Hoppy v1, Hoppy v2, Hunt the Wumpus, Instructions for Asteroid Dodge, Instructions for Invaders, Instructions for Ladder Challenge, Invaders v1, Invaders v2, Inventory, Kamikaze Invaders, Key Hunt, Knights and Dragons, Ladder Challenge, Laser, Laser Pong, Lunar Lander, Mad Max VI, Madhouse, Mars Patrol, Mastermind, Match Box, Match Box Instructions, Maths Armada, Maze Generator, Meat Pies, Melbourne Cup, Meteor, Missile Attack, Missile Command v1, Missile Command v2, Missing Number, Moon, Moon Lander, Moonlander, Moving Targets, Number Sequence, Number Slide, Othello, Othello Instructions, Painter v1, Painter v2, Painter v3, Panik, Panik Instructions, Penguin, Planet Patrol, Poker Machine, Punch v1, Punch v2, Pursuit, The Quest, The Return of Defense Command, Rocket Command, Shootout, Space, Space Ram, Space Station Defender, Space Vice, Star Blaster, Submarine, Super Snake, Super Snake Trapper, The Ten Commandments, Tennis v1, Tennis v2, Tone Generator, Totaliser Derby, Tower, Triffids 2040 AD, Twisting Road, VZ 200-300 Diskette Monitor, VZ Panik, VZ cave, VZ-200 Cup, Vzetris, Worm, Write a Story [Robbbert]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
- dmv: MS-DOS v2.11 HD, MS-DOS v2.11 HD (Alt 2), MS-DOS v2.11 HD (Alt 3), MS-DOS v2.11 HD (Alt), Z-Com v2.0 HD [Sandro Ronco, rfka01]
- ekara_japan_a: A-3 Pichi Pichi Pitch vol.3 (Japan) [David Haywood, Sean Riddle]
- evio: Anime Mix 1, Chisako Takashima Selection, evio Challenge!, evio Selection 02, evio Selection 03, Hard Soul 1, I Love Classic 1, Pure Kiss 1 [David Haywood, Peter Wilhelmsen, ShouTime, Sean Riddle]
Debian GNU/Linux 1.3.1 with Debian-JP Packages, Debian GNU/Linux 2.0r2 with Hamm-JP [akira_2020, Tokugawa Corporate Forums, r09]
Air Warrior V1.2, Fujitsu Habitat V2.1L10, Hyper Media NHK Zoku Kiso Eigo - Dai-3-kan, Nobunaga no Yabou - Sengoku Gun'yuuden, Taito Chase H.Q. (Demo), TownsFullcolor V2.1 L10, Video Koubou V1.4 L10 [redump.org, r09]
- leapfrog_ltleappad_cart: Baby's First Words (USA), Disney Pooh Loves You! (USA), If I were... (USA) [ClawGrip, TeamEurope]
• ins8250: Only clear transmitter holding register empty interrupt on reading IIR if it’s the highest priority pending interrupt. [68bit]
• bus/ss50/mps2.cpp: Connected RS-232 control lines. [68bit]
• machine/ie15.cpp: Cleaned up RS-232 interface. [68bit]
• bus/rs232: Delay pushing initial line state to reset time. [68bit]
• bus/rs232/null_modem.cpp: Added configuration option for DTR flow control. [68bit]
• tv990.cpp: Improved cursor position calculation. [68bit]
• tilemap.cpp: Improved assert conditions, fixing tilemap viewer, mtrain and strain in debug builds. [AJR]
• spbactn.cpp: Use raw screen timing parameters for spbactn. [AJR]
• laz_aftrshok.cpp: Added aftrshok DIP switch documentation from the manual. [AJR]
• ELAN RISC II updates: [AJR]
* Identified CPU type used by vreadere as ePG3231.
* Added preliminary port I/O handlers and callbacks.
* Added stub handlers and state variables for interrupt controller, timers, synthesizer, UART and SPI.
* Fixed TBRD addressing of external data memory.
* Fixed calculation of carry flag for normal adder operations.
* Implemented multi-byte carry/borrow for applicable registers.
* Implemented signed multiplication option.
* Added internal stack buffer for saving PCH during calls/interrupts.
• alpha68k_n.cpp: Replaced sstingry protection simulation with microcontroller emulation. [AJR]
• sed1330: Implemented character drawing from external ROM, fixed display on/off command, and fixed screen area definition. [AJR]
• tlcs90: Separated TMP90840 and TMP90844 disassemblers. [AJR]
• z180 updates: [AJR]
* Split Z180 device into subtypes; HD647180X now implements internal PROM, RAM and parallel ports.
* Added internal clock dividers adjust CPU clocks in many drivers to compensate.
* Reduced logical address width to 16 bits.
• h8: Made debug PC adjustment and breakpoints actually work. [AJR]
• subsino2.cpp: Added save state support and cleaned up code a little. [AJR]
• gaelco.cpp: Adjusted bigkarnk YM3812 clock so pitch matches reference recording. [AJR]
• stadhero.cpp: Made stadhero stage music selection and various other things more random. [AJR]
• acorn_vib: Made ACIA transmit/receive clocks selectable using MC14411. [AJR]
• hitme.cpp: Renamed m21 to mirco21 to resolve name collision. [AJR]
• Emulated ADC0804 and added device to various drivers (fixes “WRONG CONTROL IO” in citybomb service mode). [AJR]
• tmnt.cpp: Added glfgreat analog controls and ADC, and removed spurious fourth button. [AJR]
• megasys1.cpp: Added p47b ADPCM sample playback using additional Z80. [AJR]
• cps1.cpp, segas16b.cpp: Fixed unsafe bitmap usage in video update routines that could cause memory corruption. [AJR]
• bus/isa: Added Music Quest PC MIDI Card. [AJR, VOGONS Vintage Driver Library]
• rd100.cpp: Added preliminary keyboard inputs. [AJR]
• Separated V50/V53 common peripherals and former device from V33 base, and add V40 type for future use. [AJR]
• m72.cpp: Fixed sample-related communications on 8751-protected games. [AJR]
• Added Fujitsu FR disassembler and skeleton CPU device. [AJR]
• hvyunit.cpp: Fix hvyunit coin counters. [AJR]
• hh_sm510.cpp: Re-scanned gnw_mmouse display. [algestam]
• snes.cpp: Change screen resolution for pseudo-hires mode, and run HDMA at vertical position zero. [AmatCoder]
* Fixes graphics in Judge Dredd and Vortex.
• alpha68k.cpp updates: [Angelo Salese]
* Added opaque tile support for V board (fixes title screen clipping effects for Sky Adventure).
* Removed hack for priest priority in Sky Adventure level 1 as this is an original game bug.
* Merged sprite drawing code with SNK 68k sprite device.
* Simulated screen banking for Gold Medalist starter pistol shot on dash events.
* Fixed missing status bar and “start/hurry up” graphics for player 1 in Gold Medalist.
* Removed unemulated protection flag from Gold Medalist clones.
• alpha68k.cpp, snk68.cpp: Moved palette code to a common device using the same scheme as the Neo Geo palette. [Angelo Salese]
* Produces more accurate colors, especially visible on dithered backgrounds.
• markham.cpp: Improved Strength & Skill master interrupt firing and row scroll (fixes missing sprites regression in stages 2 and 3). [Angelo Salese]
• Synchronized with upstream GENie, bx, bgfx and bimg. [Belegdol]
• Fixed Visual Studio 2019 build issues. [Belegdol]
• Switched Travis CI build to Xcode 11. [Belegdol]
• Build bgfx with OpenGL ES rather than OpenGL when building without X11 on Linux and BSD. [Belegdol]
• ay8910.cpp: Converted Sunsoft 5B 6630B sound hardware to a device. [cam900]
• nmk16spr.cpp: Converted NMK 16-bit sprite hardware to a device. [cam900]
* Implemented priority drawing and sprite limits, and added notes.
* Adapted nmk16.cpp and powerins.cpp to use new device.
• powerins.cpp: Derived clocks from crystals present on boards and added raw screen timing parameters. [cam900]
• ninjaw.cpp, warriorb.cpp: Added subwoofer and corrected sound routing. [cam900]
• mos6581.cpp: Added save state support. [cam900]
• sid.cpp, sidenvel.cpp, sidvoice.cpp: Improved save state support and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• ymf278b.cpp: Implemented FM DO2 output scaling. [cam900]
• ymf262.cpp: Added notes. [cam900]
• tmap038.cpp: Converted 038 tilemap generator chip to a device. [cam900]
* Adapted cave.cpp and mcatadv.cpp to use the new device, and cleaned up code.
• mcatadv.cpp: Fixed tilemap flicker when debugging functionality is enabled. [cam900]
• argus.cpp: Fix repeated spelling error in comments. [cam900]
• megasys1.cpp: Fixed missing semicolon. [Christian Groessler]
• gamate.cpp: Made initial RAM fill better match hardware power-up state. [Christian Groessler]
• audio/irem.cpp: Fixed a number of kidniki audio issues. [Couriersud]
* Added jumper J4 as a compile-time option, fixed a number of resistor and capacitor values, and fixed a barrier.
• Netlist system updates: [Couriersud]
* Added support for line markers to the netlist preprocessor and parser.
* Added include processing to the netlist preprocessor, and reorganised plib code so this can be better utilised.
* Simplified netlist library code and improved performance.
* Moved netlists out of driver sources and organised netlists according to functionality.
* Added an extended validation mode to nltool for identifying certain kinds of issues.
* Removed some hints from pong now that performance has improved..
• chelnov.cpp: Added microcontroller dump for chelnov and hooked it up, replacing simulation. [Dirk Best, TeamEurope, Brian Troha]
* Programs for other regions created by patching the dumped World region microcontroller program.
• firetrap.cpp: Add microcontroller dump for firetrap and hook it up, replacing simulation. [Dirk Best, TeamEurope, Brian Troha]
* Program for US region created by patching the dumped Japan region microcontroller program.
• i8251.cpp, pit8253.cpp, isa/ega.cpp, isa/mda.cpp: Modernized debug logging. [Edström]
• m6801.cpp: Added more logging and reduced unnecessary serial transmit output updates. [Edström]
• mc6845.cpp: Added more logging and reduced warning spam at startup when register values are inconsistent. [Edström]
• isa/mda.cpp: Added Ericsson Monochrome HR Graphics Board 1070. [Edström]
• Moved Ericsson PC from pc.cpp to new source file eispc.cpp and added serial keyboard. [Edström]
• hp9825.cpp: Added support for external ROM cartridges to HP9825B and HP9825T. [F.Ulivi]
• hp9885.cpp: Added missing postamble when writing sectors on disk. [F.Ulivi]
• Lua engine updates: [feos]
* Added callback after a batch of sound samples are generated.
* Greatly reduced compiler memory usage by adding user type members after construction.
• Always re-generate version.cpp if top-level makefile changes. [feos]
• Start AVI recording after devices have been started so initial screen refresh rate is used rather than fixed 60 Hz. [feos]
• goldstar.cpp: Decrypted pkrmast and its clone. [Ioannis Bampoulas, Ivan Vangelista]
• goldstar.cpp: Decrypted super972. [Ivan Vangelista]
• squale.cpp: Connected the EF9365 video controller IRQ output to the 6809 IRQ input for Apollo 7 Squale. [Jean-François DEL NERO]
• wd_fdc.cpp: Improved interrupt request reset logic based on WD1772 and VG93 (1793 clone) decaps. [MetalliC]
• Fixed clang compilation error on targets where stream size is larger than long int. [Nathan Woods]
• model1.cpp: Fixed issues with TGP interface emulation. [O. Galibert]
• emumem_het.cpp, emumem_heu.cpp: Hold additional reference for in-flight handlers (fixes MT07456
). [O. Galibert, smf]
• apple3.cpp: Corrected number row key layout (fixes pasting and natural keyboard mode). [pahandav]
• ppcdrc.cpp, sh2.cpp, sh4.cpp: Fixed issues causing fast RAM accesses to bypass the debugger. [Phil Bennett]
• tms34020: Implement SETCDP and CLIP opcodes. [Priit Laes]
• apple2gs.cpp: Allow slot interrupt requests to be dispatched. [R. Belmont, Peter Ferrie]
• apple3.cpp: Suppress $C800 switching on debugger accesses. [R. Belmont, Rob Justice]
• osd/sdl: Added support for RRGGBB00 pixel format used by ARM Mali GPUs. [R. Belmont]
• fmtowns_cd.xml updates: [r09]
* Replaced a number of entries with better dumps from the redump.org database.
* Added parent/clone relationships for Windows 3.1 revisions.
* Updated the list of missing dumps.
• fmtowns.cpp updates: [r09]
* Removed SCSI controller from first-generation models and the Marty as these machines lack it.
* Corrected CPU types for FM-Towns II SJ and FM-Towns II MX.
* Corrected user-selectable RAM size options.
* Mapped packed video RAM at 0x00b00000 for 386SX-based models (fixes graphical issues on FM-Towns II UX and FM-Towns Marty).
* Configured FM-Towns Marty with one floppy drive and 2 MB of RAM.
* Fixed crashes when 1 MB ROM or a single floppy drive is selected.
* Dumped and added ROMs from a first-generation FM-Towns Model 2.
• hcd62121: Implemented exclusive OR with indirect addressing. [Ricardo Barreira]
* Used by cfx9850 for zoom menu in graph mode.
• cfx9850.cpp: Corrected RAM size to 32 kB and added mirroring. [Ricardo Barreira]
• super80.cpp, super80_cass.xml: Fine-tuned software compatibility flags. [Robbbert]
• Removed unnecessary offset attribute from some software lists. [Robbbert]
• trs80dt1: Added RS-232 and Centronics parallel ports, and promoted to working. [Robbbert]
• pes.cpp: Modernised and cleaned up code, and fixed regressions caused by years of neglect. [Robbbert]
• mkit09.cpp: Improved inputs for mkit09a and got it to start and run. [Robbbert]
• Added covers to images that can be displayed in system selection UI. [Robbbert]
• imagedev/avivideo.cpp: Added an image device to provide looping uncompressed AVI frames as input. [Ryan Holtz]
• vino.cpp: Adapted to support both avivideo_image_device and picture_image_device. [Ryan Holtz]
• cdi.cpp: Switched SERVO and SLAVE microcontrollers to use the correct device type with internal memory maps. [Ryan Holtz]
• snes.cpp updates:
* Added clock divider for original Super FX chip (fixes game speed in Star Fox, Stunt Race FX, Vortex, and others). [Ryan Holtz]
* Corrected video RAM size to 64 kB (fixes graphics in Yoshi’s Island and possibly others). [Ryan Holtz, byuu]
* Fixed PPU background layer drawing based on higan ppu-fast. [Ryan Holtz, byuu]
* Adjusted horizontal blanking timing interval to the most common case (fixes off-by-one parallax in Yoshi’s Island). [byuu]
• supracan.cpp updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Implemented sprite-to-sprite masking.
* Removed sound CPU boot hack and fixed sound CPU reset/halt behavior.
* Implemented controller input shift register protocol and removed non-existent parallel inputs in main CPU memory space.
* Removed non-existent player 3 and player 4 inputs.
* Added save status support and converted logging to use logmacro.h.
• bgfx: Do texture format conversion via a full-screen GPU pass. [Ryan Holtz]
• screen: Added support for changing horizontal width mid-frame and hooked it up to the SNES driver. [Ryan Holtz]
* Fixes dkongcu intro and others.
• bus/dmv: Added K012 and C3282 hard disk interfaces. [Sandro Ronco]
• netlist: Fixed issue with 1×1 matrix (affected gamemachine.cpp and breakout.cpp systems). [Tafoid]
• Converted osd_printf_* family of functions to use util::string_format semantics. [Vas Crabb]
• minimaws: Added support for identifying ROM/disk dumps on command line or through web UI. [Vas Crabb]
• srcclean: Improved handling of some kinds of C preprocessor abuse. [Vas Crabb]
• Improved performance of makedep.py, reducing the time taken to bootstrap a SOURCES= build. [Vas Crabb]
• apple2_flop_orig.xml: Replaced Drol with new working dump. [4am, Firehawke]
• m72.cpp Dumped 8751 microcontrollers for airduelm72 and dbreedm72j, replacing simulation. [Caius, Jorge Silva, TeamEurope, The Dumping Union]
• wardner.cpp: Corrected ROM labels for the Wardner set, and added PCB locations to all sets. [Brian Troha]
• playch10.cpp: Corrected BIOS PPU ROM loading. [brizzo]
• rbmk.cpp: Decapped and dumped AT89C51 microcontroller for rbspm. [Caps0ff, EdHunter]
• lucky37.cpp: Decapped and dumped microcontrollers for lucky21, lucky21d and lucky37. [Caps0ff, TeamEurope]
• changyu.cpp: Decapped and dumped microcontroller for changyu2. [Caps0ff, TeamEurope]
• lwings.cpp: Measured CPU clock and video timings on an original sectionz PCB. [Corrado Tomaselli]
• exedexes.cpp: Measured CPU clocks and video timings, and verified sound chip clocks. [Corrado Tomaselli]
• sidepckt.cpp: Corrected ROM labels and added PCB locations. [Corrado Tomaselli, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
• nmk16.cpp: Re-dumped the tile graphics ROM for Macross II (Korea). [Darksoft, hammy]
• chihiro.cpp, naomi.cpp: Improved software documentation, particularly title consistency. [f205v]
• Added MIDI floppy software list to some IBM PC drivers. [FakeShemp]
• bus/ata: Added skeleton PleXCombo PX-320A DVD/CD-RW Drive device. [Firmware HQ]
• gsword.cpp: Measured microcontroller clocks for gsword. [Guru]
• dec8.cpp: Verified all clocks for Ghostbusters. [Guru]
• lwings.cpp: Measured main CPU clock on a bootleg sectionza PCB. [Guru]
• m90.cpp: Updated documentation and IC locations. [hammy]
• aristmk5.cpp: Fixed error in cashcatnz layout. [Heihachi_73]
• spartanxtec.cpp: Added some IC locations, and added placeholders for undumped PLDs. [jordigahan]
• galivan.cpp: Re-dumped dangarj audio CPU ROMs. [Layer]
• triforce.cpp: Re-dumped “Triforce DIMM Updater (3.17) (GDT-0011)” to replace previous bad dump. [MajorPBX]
• seta.cpp: Switched jjsquawk to use three buttons (third button is used in the sound test). [Mike Moffitt]
• Fixed building with GCC versions that report a non-numeric version suffix. [MoochMcGee]
• at.cpp updates: [rfka01]
* Added ht12a BIOS option head12a01.
* Added at386sx BIOS options dell386sx, a3286a3886, ald93c308, intel and v514.
* Added ct386sx BIOS options m345000, dtk386sx and solutions.
* Added at386 BIOS options ssbc386at, opwb, 386atj7, vt386vt, l8949, acer310, kmxc02, frx521, frxs3b, 495sx, eemi and topcat.
* Added alim1429 BIOS options revb, alim142901, alim142902 and asaki.
* Added frxc402 BIOS option frximp.
* Added opti495xlc BIOS options op82c495xlc and mao13.
* Added hot409 BIOS option hot409v11.
* Sorted systems by chipset and motherboard, and updated comments, including RAM and cache information.
• dec0.cpp: Decapped and dumped the 8751 microcontroller for Dragonninja (Japan revision 1). [TeamEurope, Brian Troha]
• karnov.cpp: Verified the Atomic Runner (Japan) 8751 microcontroller dump. [TeamEurope, Brian Troha]
• segas16b.cpp: Replaced microcontroller simulation with dumped program for Altered Beast (set 6) (8751 317-0076). [TeamEurope, Brian Troha]
• dec8.cpp: Replaced hand-crafted microcontroller program with program dump for The Real Ghostbusters sets. [TeamEurope, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
• firetrap.cpp: Replaced hand-crafted microcontroller program with program dump for Fire Trap (US). [TeamEurope, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
• karnov.cpp: Replaced hand-crafted microcontroller program with program dump for Chelnov - Atomic Runner (US). [TeamEurope, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
• segas16a.cpp: Replaced microcontroller simulation code with program dump for the Quartet sets. [TeamEurope, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
• segas16b.cpp: Replaced microcontroller simulation with program dump for Dynamite Dux (set 1) (8751 317-0095). [TeamEurope, Brian Troha, The Dumping Unionn]
• pc98.xml, svi318_cass.xml: Corrected some spelling errors in titles and labels. [Zoë Blade]
• Updated comments, and corrected spelling, grammar and typographical errors in comments and documentation. [Zoë Blade]