Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kmg Offline OP
OP Offline
K
First I ask for support on GitHub because Actions have mysteriously been disabled on my account. I get this:

GitHub Support commented 22 hours ago

Hi there,

The account has restrictions imposed because it appears to have been taking part in activity which goes against our Terms of Service.

https://docs.github.com/github/site-policy/github-terms-of-service

In particular, any repositories that use GitHub Actions solely to interact with 3rd party websites, to engage in incentivized activities, or for general computing purposes may fall foul of the GitHub Additional Product Terms:

https://docs.github.com/github/site-policy/github-terms-for-additional-products-and-features#actions

For this reason, I'm afraid we will not be removing the restrictions from this account.

Regards,
Renz M.

I then ask for clarification on what exactly the violation was. I get this:

GitHub Support commented 6 hours ago

Hi there,

We use a number of systems both manual and automated to identify potential abuse on the platform.

While I can’t go into detail about these indicators we’ve determined that the account will need to remain flagged.

Regards,
Renz M.

Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
Of course – the standard, “if we told you how our systems work, you’d game them,” response. Free service, can’t complain, blablabla.

Originally Posted by Vas Crabb
Of course – the standard, “if we told you how our systems work, you’d game them,” response. Free service, can’t complain, blablabla.
I got a similar response from Microsoft when they closed my Hotmail account after nearly 20 years, still have no idea what I'm supposed to have done wrong. If you don't pay for a service then the provider can do whatever they want, and not explain their actions.

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
The thing is, MAMEdev the organisation is in violation of a number of their policies but gets away with it by virtue of being a “halo project”. It’s all bullshit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vas Crabb, Praxis), 33 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,152
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com