Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
J
I finally finished this. Posting it here since it's directly relevant to MAME, and there are some familiar faces/names. smile

The History, The Failure, and The Emulation of: Polygonet Commanders:
[video:youtube]
[/video]

5 members like this: Walker, Darkstar, MrBogi, R. Belmont, robcfg
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
The editing on this is *so* good for a first-time thing. I'm subbed to YT channels with paid professional editors that aren't this good.

And of course I love the story. Any time a driver I started works, it's a great feeling. Doesn't matter if I finish it or somebody else does. (Or, as recently happened, I asked Peter "qkumba" Ferrie to tell me where I was being stupid and he nailed it).

3 members like this: robcfg, mixmaster, Just Desserts
D
Online Content
D
I agree! What a video! (I've only watched the first handful of minutes, but i'll finish the rest soon). And yeah, the editing is engaging and humorous and makes you keep wanting to watch.

One funny note - I've always thought it was pronounced "Polygon" "et" "Commanders". Rather than "Poly" "Go" "Net" as it's done in this video. But there's compelling reason to call it the latter, since "Poly" "Net" "Warriors" is clearly denoting "Poly" and "Net" as proper nouns in this universe (Why would commanders use the word 'polygon' when warriors uses the word 'poly'? It *does* make sense to keep them both "poly" and make the "Go" its own thing in commanders).

Shrug.

Anyways, I'm also eternally tickled that you chose this driver to make such a production over, 'cuz like arbee says, it's *awesome* seeing something one (Arbee / me / everyone) started turn into something that "just works".

/Andrew

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
As I mentioned in the shout box, I always pronounced it like "polygonal": pull-lihg-uh-net. If the game came from an English speaking country I'd even bet that to be the intended pronunciation, but since it's Konami all bets are off.

D
Online Content
D
Oh cute. I never thought of it that way. it's also kind of amusing that "polynet" sounds an awful lot like a dental adhesive or something. Like you say, it's almost impossible to know what the original intent was. It could be, quite literally, *anything* smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pernod), 23 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,911
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com