Yep. That was my initial thought. Since it was a conversion, I was going to play it with a "bad monitor" for a little bit, then gut it out, sell the board and marquee, and slap in my 8 yr old, broke ass 21"VGA and an old P3 white-box, and MAME the heck out of it...

Then I got out the Lysol and went to town and found I had a minor gem.

Now I've done more research, and it's a standard non-jamma Konami interface - so, it should run some of my absolute _favorite_ boards natively - Time Pilot, Time Pilot 84, Amidar, Pooyan, Frogger, Commando, Circus Charlie, Tutankhamen, Nemesis (Gradius), Mikie, etc. I might just decide to rotate the monitor and start collecting boards outright.

Boy, summer arcade auctions are the best to go to for buying, worst for selling (unless you're a guy selling multi-arcade boxes or Golden Tee's...). There were at least 10 games, in perfect working condition with decent cabinets, that went for under $100 at this auction. An Aerofighter with a 24"(I think) screen in excellent condition went for just $140 (bought by the guy who turns them into 39 game ultracades on boards I assume he programs himself...)

Ms. Pac-mans were going for under $500. Come Christmas time, you'll see them go for nearly $1000...

For the MAME cabs, they had a super fun, early 90's era no-name racing game (a la road blasters meets APB) with full 360 wheel, working gas pedal, and a shifter that had separate trigger and thumb buttons that went for $65 or $85! If I was actually in the market for a MAME driving box, I would have paid at least $100 for it. (As it is, I have a Turbo control panel, 4 way shifter with chrome stick, and set of pedals collecting dust in the basement...)

Ah well, the _best_ part of any arcade auction though is the free-play time they have _before_ the auction starts. Remember to bring a quarter and get your game on...