Hi all. Remember like over a year ago when I was playing around creating a Konfabulator widget that was intended to be sort of a mini-MacMAME-slideshow? I eventually hit some pretty serious problems with it that I just didn't have the gumption to solve. In the end, the project lost momentum and went into Justin's Pile Of Good Ideas Never Finished.

Recently, though, I've been playing with it again. I've reworked it pretty fundamentally, and I think I'm ready to unleash it at least on some unsuspecting victims, er, testers. If anybody is interested in helping me test it I'd welcome the assistance.

Some of the new features of the widget since last year (these specifically address the major problems I had before):
  • Successfully handles subfolders in the ROM/Screenshot/Marquee directories. The recursion should be OK way down to infinity, far as I can tell.
  • Successfully handles zipped screenshot and marquee files. All the images still have to be PNGs, but it's OK if they're inside zip files.
  • No longer tries to download images off the internet. That was more trouble than it was worth.
  • All source folders (ROM/Screenshot/Marquee) can now be located anywhere, independently.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in helping me test, drop me an e-mail. Here's a screenshot to whet your appetite....

There's more information here , as well.

Thanks again!
PtR

EDIT: minor stuff.