I've also noticed some oddness with Final Fantasy V. Goodtools name: Final Fantasy V (J) [T+Eng1.1_RPGe]. Issues:
1) Sprite priorities, perhaps most noticeable when character travels under bridges in castles
2) Numerous other minor graphical problems introduced at some point between .137 and .138.
3) Audio speed-up to 300% (est.) normal speed after playing for a while
4) Will not allow a game to be saved in "slot 4" (ingame slot). Slots 1-3 are ok though.
5) Problems using .138 to load save states made from .137